Wow! It's been a while since I've posted and certainly a lot of things have happened since then. I'm gonna be a little lazy and give you a list of the most interesting things that have happened in the last few weeks!
1) We partied with the NATO navy. We were spotted at Il Poetto one Saturday afternoon and a navy officer came up to us and handed us free invitations to their party. The crowd was....interesting. Mimi attracted two very fine navy men, in which they competed for her love while another random navy officer showed off his incredible salsa skills lol. While this was all happening, I was having a wonderful time watching all this happen with three nice gentlemen who are now some of our good friends :)
2) We went to Oristano twice. The first time was a disaster and we found out that nothing is open on Sundays the hard way. Needless to say, we couldn't see Tharros (where some Phoenician ruins are) or the Sinis Peninsula, so we meandered our way to Torregrande via hitch-hiking....twice. The first time was from a super sketch-borderline homeless dude with a suspiciously nice car and the second time was from a hotel manager. The people here are a bit xenophobic, and did not welcome our presence. According to Mimi, this mindset comes from the fact that Sardinia has had a history of being constantly conquered by foreign countries.
3) We went to Oristano again during the 4th of July weekend. This time we went on SATURDAY...and with Manisha, an MIT '10 who was working at the Bank of Italy in Rome. We didn't manage to see Tharros again (according to the ARST bus driver, we can only see in on Sundays....wtf?!), but we did get to go to Is Arutas which is a part of the Sinis Peninsula. This beach had gorgeous QUARTZ white sand and incredibly blue waters. I wish I could live there!
4) We went to Il Lido, Cagliari's local and most popular discoteca during the 4th of July weekend as well....A lot of interesting / hilarious stories came out of that night. Key words: sand and locker rooms.
5) Last weekend, another batch of MIT friends visited us. We took them to Villasimius, and this time on a wonderfully sunny but HOT day. We also showed them the Castello district, our favorite bar Mojito and Kubrik, and of course Il Lido. Again...many hilarious stories. There is only one key word: sand.
6) Last week was the kick off to the summer sales! All the stores had wonderful signs like "in offerto!" (on sale!) or "30-60% off!". My favorite and most expensive purchase I've made was on a pair of Italian 4-inch heels. They are black peep-toed pumps and I bought it for 90 euros, when the original price was 170 euros. I think that's a good buy no?
I know that wasn't very detailed....but if you would like more details, please feel free to contact me! Next up: Nuoro. This town is apparently notorious for offering any strangers or tourists drinks which you can't refuse or else they'll take offense to it. We also plan on going to an unspoiled beach near Nuoro which you apparently have to swim 300 meters to get to this concentrated paradise. Thanks for reading! Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment