But a problem that I, and probably many of us, run into with keeping our resolutions is that sometimes life can get monotonous or stressful. Solution: find more inspiration! I shared a video I often like to get inspiration from my last post, and here's another one I recently discovered (see below). It is probably way too idealistic for everyday life. However, it reminds me that there are bigger problems in the world, and there are also many opportunities to leave your mark. Seriously though...after watching it I always want to tackle that odious task I have to do for the day! For an even more epic experience, do the task while playing the bad ass superhero playlist from Songza haha Anyways, enjoy! See the note if you're kind of confused by the context of this video...
Also, check this link ( 27 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts in 2012 ) out!! How about that for some added inspiration?
Note: This speech is from the very last scene of Charlie Chaplin's movie The Great Dictator (one of my FAVORITE movies). It's a comedy about the rise and impact of the Nazi regime during WWII. Charlie Chaplin plays two roles, Hitler and a Jewish barber. During this last scene, Charlie (as the Jewish barber) is posed as Hitler through a series of events, and is now addressing the crowd of Nazi armed forces with this speech. That should explain a lot of the liberty, democracy, and machine-men references, but the video does a wonderful job of extracting this message and making it applicable to today's world.
No comments:
Post a Comment